We'd like to thank all of you who came to join TASTE at Lark on last Friday, The blind wine tasting event organized by the Swallow Tail Culinary Company ended the night with huge success with proceeds going to Mount Pleasant Elementary School. The concept of the event was to have people try two wines in each of five categories of taste, paired with beautiful appetizers of BC cuisine. Hope everyone enjoyed both food and wine!
Click here to see more photos.
Which one was your favourite?
- Crisp: A delicious sparkly 2007 Brut Naturel and a lively 2008 Millefiori from Venturi-Schulze of Vancouver Island. The Noble Blend 2007 from Joie of Naramata.
- Aromatic: A Blue Mountain Pinot Blanc and a Noble Ridge Chardonnay.
- Elegant: A Pinot Noir 2007 from Averill Creek, the 2006 Perigee from Le Vieux Pin.
- Smooth: A Wild Goose’s 2007 Merlot and a 2006 Epoque Merlot also from Le Vieux Pin.
- Spicy: A 2006 Meritage from Noble Ridge and the Petales 2006 from Osoyoos Larose.
The appetizers were catered by the Garden party supper club. Started with a mushroom stuffed with goat’s cheese, thyme and nutmeg followed by Qualicum Bay scallops (donated by Wheelhouse seafood on Hastings) in salsa piquante. Next was a decadent hand-made piece of fair-trade chocolate from Lark!, filled with a sherry reduction and red huckleberry (from skookum harvest). A handmade chanterelle mushroom ravioli was served in cream sauce, with the mushroom coming also from Skookum harvest. At the Spicy station, we had a wine-braised lamb shank wrapped in a beer batter crepe served with fresh watercress.
From white to red, through Crisp, Aromatic, Elegant, Smooth and Spicy, everyone was marking down their thoughts about the wine’s characteristics and guessing the grape.....
At the end of tasting the cheat sheet was given to compare with their notes.
The passionate cheese makers, Allen (right) and Jackie (middle) from BC Foodies
Our store had a complete make over that night. The front of the store had a wine bar and a cheese stand run by bcfoodies.com.
Special thanks to all the businesses that participated in the event.Swallow Tail Culinary Tours
The Garden ParTy Catering
Browning & Co
The Flower Factory
Foodie BC - Cheesemakers
Skookum Harvest Wild Foods
Now BC Organic Co-op
Please visit our Flickr to view more pictures from the event.